February 15, 2008

Already Growing & Changing

Mom, Dad & Baby...

Just a little over two weeks in, and we've seen quite a few changes.

Eliot is much more animated, to say the least. He's added quite a few facial expressions - he shows us a dimple on one cheek (just like dad's), scrunching of the nose, flailing of his arms and legs, the pleasure-look of finding his thumb to soothe, a furrowed brow (kind of like mom's), dreaming smiles...he's perfect. He's working through an upset tummy after many feedings, but is coming out OK after a few burps and an occasional spit-up.

Mom has seen an awful lot of changes in her sleeping patterns, and she's doing a fantastic job rolling with the changes. It's amazing that she is the sole sustainance-giving force for our new baby. I think she looks beautiful as a wife and mother. Thank you so much for bringing Eliot into the world the way you did. While watching the birth yesterday (for the first time since the real thing), I again realized how tremendous of an event it was and you were driving the whole thing. I love you!

Me? Well, I love being a dad. And, again, I think Eliot is perfect. There's nothing better than when he looks into my eyes and he's perfectly content with me holding him on my chest. I do feel like I've been on the wrong end of one of the Bodily Function Superheroes (shout out to Toots and Boogerman). I have been the latter-half feeding partner and champion of all-things burping. This has also meant that I have often been the champion catcher of spit-up - and Eliot has had some good one's in his first two weeks. I guess he's taking after his dad's alter-ego...

Thanks for all of the cards, packages, and visitors so far. We can't wait for Eliot to meet everyone else out there! Drop us a line and drop-in when you get a chance! We've got our first photos for Eliot tonight (Goos Photography link to the right), so we'll update the blog with some more photos soon!

No comments: