December 25, 2007

And so this is Christmas...

Unreal.

It's Christmas Eve - December 24, 2007 - and I think I've hit a place in my adult life where the days are really going by faster than I could have ever imagined as a child or young adult. The days will only fly by even faster once the baby arrives. I guess knowing what I've come to know now, I will try to be very conscious of embracing the time and try to be more thankful every day I am blessed enough to be here. If only I knew then what I know now...

Kerri and I spent the last couple of days at John & Bev's home in Roberts, WI with Kerri's parents, siblings and their spouses, and our niece Charlie. It was a great time, as it always is, just hanging out. John & Bev have really made their new home feel comfortable. It seems as if they've been there for a long time. Lots of food, drink, desserts, laughs, not laughing (Ernest), games (I beat Danny & Miah at Monopoly - that's two in a row; I lost at Yahtzee like always). Did I mention dessert - man, I love date squares!

Snow and wind through the midwest made a 40 mile drive between Roberts and Minneapolis a pretty hairy situation. We made it home with Broadway Pizza in tow and spent another evening with Danny, Aymee, and Charlie. More fun...

After some shoveling of fresh snow and a few errands today, Kerri & I will head to Monticello for a little of bit of Christmas day cheer. I look forward to spending some quality time with my family, too! More information to come later.

Have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Let's hope it's a good one...

No comments: